What is Pitru Dosha / Pitra Dosha?
Pitru means Ancestors/forefathers. Pitru Dosha is formed due to the sins committed by ancestors. If a person has Pitru Dosha, it means that their Ancestors might have committed sins/crimes knowingly or unknowingly. Pitru Doshas can be seen from the Horoscope of a person.
How can I know my Pitra Dosha?
You can know Pitru Dosha through Astrology
Afflicted Sun with Rahu
Sun in 9th House with Saturn
Saturn in 9th House with a Malefic Planet
Afflicted 9th House or 9th House lord by Malefic Planets such as Rahu, Ketu, and Saturn
The effects of Pitru Doshas are as follows:
- Father may die at Early Age
- No proper understanding between Father & Son
- The person may stay away from Family
- Progeny Problem (Child Birth)
- Frequent Health Problems for Children
- Ancestral Property disputes
- Physical / Mentally retarded persons in the family
- Psychological problems
- No Growth in life
What are the Remedies for Pitru Dosha?
Persons having Pitru Dosha in their Horoscopes can do the following Remedies to pacify ancestors
- Pitru Tarpanam for a Paksha (15 days / 15 Tithis) during the Tithi of the person’s death
- Doing Pitru Tarpanam or Shradh during Pitru Paksha (16 days). Pitru Paksha is a 16 day period dedicated to deceased ancestors. It culminates on Mahalaya Amavasya.
- Doing Pitru Tarpanam or Pitru Shradh on Mahalaya Amavasya every year
- Cooking the favourite food of ancestors on Mahalaya Amavasya and offering it to them.
- Feeding Crows with Rice mixed with sesame seeds on Amavasya days
- Watering a Banyan Tree regularly
- Help the poor and needy especially old age people
Performing Pitru Tarpanam / Shradh or doing Pitru Paksha poojas is a karmic debt. It should be performed with great respect for ancestors/forefathers. For any clarifications,
please comment or email to Astrologer Suresh Kumar.